Surgeons’ intermediate course is designed to build upon the foundation that the student started building in the basic course. Day 1 is spent refreshing the basics and fine-tuning the student’s fundamentals. Classroom curriculum covers using hold-offs, advanced wind reading, use of ballistic computers, and wind reading devices. Students learn quick formulas to convert wind readings into wind holds and increase their likelihood of 1st round hits at longer distances. Day 2 is spent learning and testing lessons learned on wind reading. Students will spend hours reading wind and testing formulas while engaging targets at long range with a focus on mastering wind reading. By the end of Day 2, students should be able to read wind direction and have a working knowledge of identifiers that dictate wind speed and how to convert that for appropriate use and consistent hits. Day 2 has a night fire phase, which demonstrates the use of night vision optics lasers, infrared flood systems and thermals. Students will engage targets out to 800 yards in total darkness. Day 3 covers field shooting, alternate shooting techniques and extreme long range shooting. Instructors will work with students to ensure they engage targets farther than what was thought possible, maximizing the effective range of their rifle systems.
* This course is for rifles chambered .337 and below.
Please see the marksman course for .338 and larger.
** Completion of the two day marksmanship course is a prerequisite for this course.
You may however take the courses consecutively as one five day course.
Get the most from your Surgeon firearm.
Make your plans to attend now!
- Ranging and Engaging Targets
- Alternate Shooting Positions
- Multiple Target Engagements
- Thermal Device Shooting
- Advanced Wind Reading
- Sniper/Observer Team Training
- Speed Formulas and Application
- Hold-Off / Hold-Over’s / Hold-Under’s
- Use of Ballistic Computers
- Night Vision Shooting
|DATE||LOCATION||PRICE||JOIN THIS CLASS|
|FALL 2018||Felix Canyon Ranch, NM||$1000||September 1-2, 2018|
|SPRING 2019||Felix Canyon Ranch, NM||$1000||TBD|
On-site lodging is available and included in course fee. This facility is at the range where we conduct the training courses. This housing is “bunk house style” and will be shared rooms. Provisions should be brought to the facility if using this option. Rides to the range can be provided if scheduled prior.
*Valid for complete Surgeon rifles purchased in 2016 and newer.
SURGEON OFFERS THE FOLLOWING SERVICES TO MAKE YOUR
TRAINING EXPERIENCE MORE ENJOYABLE:
- Surgeon can receive and store rifle shipments until the course begins and provide return shipping when the course is completed.
- Surgeon can transport all weapons, ammunition and other gear to and from the range.
- Surgeon can store all weapons, ammunition and gear at our facility for its safety and security.
- If interested in purchasing ammunition from Surgeon, please place the order as soon as possible to guarantee its availability.
- Surgeon also offers a wide range of other accessory products and apparel. All of these products will be available for purchase at the time of the course.
- You may bring any modern bolt-action precision rifle, however, Surgeon will offer its popular models for rent for a small additional fee.
Once you register for one of the courses you will receive an information packet, including dates, requirements, items needed on the range, a list of events, course schedule, rules and regulations, and much more.