Extended Long Range Course
The Surgeon Firearms extended long range training course is designed to show students that the boundaries they once thought impossible can easily be broken. Surgeons’ basic large caliber course is designed to teach students the fundamentals of long range marksmanship with magnum caliber rifles.
The course covers rifle/scope setup and variations, differences in reticles first focal, second focal planes, and implementing MOA, Mil, and other style reticles. The course includes basic ballistics and what affects bullet flight, including how to compensate for wind. Students work with members of the Surgeon training cadre to help master the craft of long range precision shooting. In this advanced shooting course, students will push their capabilities far beyond what they thought possible engaging targets out to 2,000 yards with .338 – .50 caliber rifles and everything in between. Contact Surgeon to schedule your spot. The course is sure to fill up fast.
*This course is for rifles chambered .338 up to .50BMG. Please see the marksman course for .337 and smaller.
Get the most from your Surgeon firearm. Make your plans to attend now!
- Proper Rifle Setup
- Caliber Selection
- MOA/Mil Relation/Ranging
- Scope Selection
- Marksmanship Fundamentals
- Data Collection out to 2000y
- Affects of Wind
- Reading Wind/Mirage
March 4th – 5th, 2017
May 8th – 9th, 2017
$500 or included with the purchase of a new Surgeon rifle*.
Join This Class
On-site lodging is available for $50/day. This facility is at the range where we conduct the training courses. This housing is “bunk house style” and will be shared rooms. Provisions should be brought to the facility if using this option. Rides to the range can be provided if scheduled prior, it is not recommended to drive a car to the facility. Truck or SUV type vehicle with high ground clearance is recommended.
Off-site lodging is located near Strategic Armory Corps (the parent company of Surgeon Rifles and CcMillan Firearms) office, approximately 45 minutes from the range.
Hilton Garden Inn phoenix North Happy Valley – 1940 W Pinnacle Rd, Phoenix AZ 85027 – (623)434-5556. Group rate available under “AWC System Technologies”.
Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Happy Valley – 2335 W Pinnacle Peak Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85027 – (623)879-8800
*Valid for complete Surgeon rifles purchased in 2014 and newer.
Surgeon Offers The Following Services To Make Your Training Experience More Enjoyable:
- Surgeon can receive and store rifle shipments until the course begins and provide return shipping when the course is completed.
- Surgeon can transport all weapons, ammunition and other gear to and from the range.
- Surgeon can store all weapons, ammunition and gear at our facility for its safety and security.
- If interested in purchasing ammunition from Surgeon, please place the order as soon as possible to guarantee its availability.
- Surgeon also offers a wide range of other accessory products and apparel. All of these products will be available for purchase at the time of the course.
- You may bring any modern bolt-action precision rifle, however, Surgeon will offer its popular models for rent for a small additional fee.
Once you register for one of the courses you will receive an information packet, including dates, requirements, items needed on the range, a list of events, course schedule, rules and regulations, and much more.